|MECO PROJECT BASES FOR THE INTEGRATED SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT OF MEDITERRANEAN SENSITIVE COASTAL ECOSYSTEM|
METODOLOGY and ONGOING ACTIVITIES
Land- cover survey with emphasis on:
occurring within the study-areas will be analysed:
- agricultural practices
- tourism-related development and activities
- use of freshwater resources
- All areas and habitats of importance, and any human activities deemed to case an impact on the study area/s will be identified and categorised. Where possible pressures
will be quantified.
- Where relevant, parallels will be drawn with EU environmental directives guidelines
- Special reference will be made to national Red Data lists for the countries under review, in addition, species will be categorised as appropriate.
- outputs – recommendations; and, management strategies